New Waverly ISD offers a full-day prekindergarten program for eligible students. A child is eligible for enrollment in this free prekindergarten program if the child is four (4) years of age on or before September 1st and meets one of the eligibility requirements below:
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Is educationally disadvantaged (qualifies for the free or reduced lunch program);
- Is homeless, as defined by federal law [see FD(LEGAL)], regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control;
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder under Government Code.
Additional information can be found in board policy EHBG (LEGAL).
You begin the enrollment process online and complete all necessary paperwork at the campus that you are enrolling your student. You must be a resident of New Waverly ISD in order to enroll your student. For more information on enrollment eligibility, please refer to board policy FD (LEGAL) and FD (LOCAL). To begin the enrollment process online, please see below:
- Complete the online forms and print additional documents provided in Parent Portal. Please be thorough when completing the contact information for your student.
- You will need to bring the printed documents along with the documents listed below to the school office.
- Proof of residency
- This can be a utility bill (electricity, water, or gas bill) that includes your name and physical address of the property.
- Immunization records for your student
- Driver’s license of the enrolling parent/guardian
- Birth certificate for your student
- Social security card for your student
- If your student’s eligibility is based on the free or reduced lunch program, you must complete the free or reduced lunch program application. All other eligibility requirements require supporting documentation to prove eligibility.